Thursday, April 17, 2008

Could this possibly work more than once?


Those of you that know me well know not to call me around 5:00 this is the time when I am making dinner and the kids are making me crazy! I Hate to cook for one and then when I try to cook dinner is when all the worlds problems come out. The girls can love on eachother all day long and then when 5:00 hits they drag out the wrestling ring and start fighting. I have tryed it all, I set up an activity, I have them help me with small tasks, like scrubing the potatoes or putting the rolls on the pan anything like that, well it helps a little but the tension is still deadly and it makes me insane. Today I may have found the answer. We listened to childrens hymns and it was wonderful. There was no fighting no tantrums no yelling let me tell you if this solves my 5:00 witching hour than I will be a whole new person. There is nothing like making dinner in peace and hearing your kids sing "I belong to the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I know who I am I know Gods Plan I'll follow him in Faith." It is Great. Now the real test will be tomorrow can it work more than once?

5 comments:

Natalie♥ said...

That is such a good idea Kacey I will have to try it!

Mary C. said...

So we finally got a blog, I put a link to yours on mine, it's dougandmaryc.blogspot.com...thanks again for the help the other night, what would I have done without you?!

Hieb Family said...

If it doesn't work tomorrow try convincing Kenlee to play Prince Eric. It always seem to entertain Skyler when Easton does that.

Elena said...

So did it work more than one day? That 5 o'clock hour is a beast to say the least.

Torman said...

elena,
Hey we had the trow ups here after this post so no one wanted to eat so I was not making dinner, but I did finally make dinner last night and I put is on and it worked. I think that it will just be part of our routine from now on. And they will be the best little singers at church.