Tuesday, March 10, 2009

How to remove Gum from Hair.

These are the kind of things that happen at my house while I am feeding Mack. I am now a self proclaimed professional gum out of hair remover. This is the second time that Skyler had done this and both times she has NO IDEA how it happened, and no she was not asleep I just did not get my kids dressed today (new baby and all). So this happened at noon and I flipped out because I told her last time that if it happened again I was just going to take the scissors to it. I love Skyler's hair and I really did not want to do this but as I started to look at the damage I had a nervous break down and it took till about 4:30 till I got the nerve up to tackle the job so I sat her down and gave her a spoon for the Peanut butter and a spoon for mom and then I applied a healthy amount to the damage area. Kenlee already started when I told them to get the jar out while I went to get my camera.
We use Skippy (can I get a check in the Mail for that plug?)
rub and rub the gum spot in a downward motion until it looks like so. Next strip them down and rinse the gum/peanut butter comb down the drain in shower.
No one is allowed to give skyler gum !

3 comments:

Bree said...

Got it. No more gum balls for Skyler! ;) I'm glad that you didn't have to cut her hair though. That would have just sucked! (oh, and I totally understand about being in pj's all day. We do that here and my "baby" is 18 mo old! ;)

Natalie and Quin said...

Instead of peanut butter use baby oil. It is better at disolving sticky things and coating others so that you can pull them apart (aka gum and hair). It also works great for removing road tar and bumper stickers.

Tara and Dan said...

I smelled like peanut butter all the time growing up because I always lost my gum in my massive amount of hair!