
Look at this adorable countdown My mother in Law made for the girls!! It is magnets on a mini muffin pan. The first day had bracelets in it and the next was stickers and then today the girls had fun in the tub with the little foam capsules that pop out in the water. Then I made this block countdown. I know, I know adorable!

This is our Christmas tree that I do in Red White and Blue. I think it is so fun to add to it each year.

And here you have the Girls and their trees. Yes they have there own trees. If you are like my brother you are thinking that I am crazy right now, but let me explain. I got this Idea at an enrichment night and I love it. The girls can collect each year their own special ornaments and each year we give them a special one reflecting on their personality for the year in their stocking. But THE MAIN reason that I am doing this, is so that when they move away, they have their own Christmas decorations to start with and add to or change what ever they want to do but at least they will have a starting point. When Nick and I got married we had NOTHING as far as Christmas decor. I was about to string ribbon on our silverware and hang it from a tree branch. Anyway My brother asked me why I just don't give Christmas stuff to people when they get married and I guess I could do that too, but that is still not a guarantee for my own children.
2 comments:
WHat an adorable idea for an advent calendar! And we get ornaments at this house too. I was just thinking the other night as my tree was busting at the seems full, about how sad I'll be when my kids move out and take their ornaments off my tree. Maybe I'll do their own trees like you do, so that I won't get so used to a tree full or ornaments.
I think it's a great idea...when I moved to college my mom helped me pick out a tree and all the decorations for it. Mom also gave me one of the advent calendars that my roommate and I do.
Post a Comment