Ok so this is a great story a little long but great if you know Nick. Well Nick is very hard to surprise he always seems to know what I am going to get him for every occasion. He has been wanting his own gun (he always uses my dads guns) for a very very long time. I have been making him wait for a very very long time (they are sooo expensive). He had been doing his homework and knew exactly what type of gun he wanted he had talked this over with a Dad a bunch also. Well I let my Dad know that I wanted to get him one for fathers day and that I needed his help (I know nothing) well my Dad had Nick e-mail him the info and #'s for the gun he wanted and he went on a search. He could not find the gun anywhere, to make a long story shorter this gun was meant to be Nick's gun and he got one by chance. well now the part about tricking Nick into thinking he was getting something else. The BQ Grill we own has had it, one handle is missing so to open the top you have to use pliers. Well my Dad helped by telling Nick that he had been looking for the gun and could not find it anywhere but that he would keep trying to see if something would come up.
On fathers day after church we went over to my Parents house and the girls and I handed him a card that read
Hip Hip Hooray it is Fathers Day!!
a gift to you we would love to give,
buy you will have to find your way
around the place I used to live.
This is the place I used to sleep
dreaming about the boy I soon would meet.
(my old bedroom)
This next place is not as clean
and the chickens there are sometimes mean
(the chicken coup out at the barn and I had a spatula rapped up for him)
you are doing well my friend
but this game may never end
open the gift and guess what's in store
the next clue is by the door.
This door you CAN NOT miss
it is the first place we did Kiss.
(obvious)
Take your shoes off you must do
so you do not drag in the Poo.
this next place is ohhhh so warm
a great place to eat some corn
watching a movie can do no harm
especially wrapped up in your arms
(in the basement the stove is always so
warm in the winter and there is a big screen)
without the gift you will receive
cooking is hard like you wouldn't believe
with out a view locked inside
it would be hard to cook a hide
this is the place you would be found
the clue is somewhere on the ground.
(kitchen under rug)
Go to the room filled with the thing you wish you had
I sure hope you are not mad
this type of gift I could not find
Please do not loose your mind.
(down stairs under the stairs my dad has a closet with
30+guns)
Congrats this is the last clue
Go out back you will know what to do
Open your gift and have some fun
I am so sorry it is not a gun.
(Then I was in the back with the gun all wrapped up)
He said I really got him this time, it will probably be the first and last, but it was fun.
I love you Nick so very much you are an amazing friend and father. I hope you enjoy your gun you have been so patient and you totally deserve it. Happy Fathers Day





1 comment:
Sorry we knew and didn't tell you Nick. I think you were the only one surprised. The rest of us were ears for Kacey to tell with out letting the cat out of the bag.
Post a Comment