Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy 89th Birthday!


This is Nick's Grandma Oka. We went to Utah this weekend to celebrate her birthday along with Nick's sister Tracey's 24th birthday (they share a birthday). Nicks Grandma is amazing to me. She was in what I would say perfect health (very independent) when Nick and I got married 6 years ago and we have since slowly watched her....age I guess is the word. She has had a series of mini strokes and it has slowly limited her. I am glad that we were able to be there to celebrate with the family. I took a lot of pictures and at one point someone said that Grandma can open both of her eyes but only one or the other not both at the same time. She then started laughing and I just sat in amazement. She was laughing at something many would find very upsetting. What an amazing lady! Thanks for who you are Grandma and Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

oh that is such a great picture of my grammy!!! i'm SO SO SO SO SO SO sad I wasn't there for it! can you send me some pictures from the day? that would be awesome. hannah.hesley@aggiemail.usu.edu

love you guys.

Bree said...

What an AWESOME picture!